Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
1½ tbsp olive oil
1½ tbsp soy sauce
½ tbsp maple syrup
½ tsp liquid smoke
2 cloves garlic, crushed
200g small swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
500g packet fettucine
4 heaped tbsps Yumi’s Traditional Middle Eastern Hommus
4 heaped tbsps grated vegan parmesan
Freshly cracked black pepper
- Combine olive oil, soy sauce, maple syrup, liquid smoke and garlic in a bowl, whisk to combine. Add mushrooms and gently toss to coat.
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 180ºC. Line a baking tray with baking paper the spread mushrooms evenly over the paper and bake for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, cook fettucine according to packet instructions, reserving 250ml of the cooking water.
- Whisk together Yumi’s Middle Eastern Hommus and parmesan. Season generously with pepper.
- Combine drained fettucine with mushrooms. Stir through the hommus and parmesan mixture and gradually reserved cooking water, a little at a time, to achieve a silky sauce consistency. Serve immediately with extra parmesan and pepper.