Yumi’s Vegan Black Bean Tortillas with Avocado and Lime Crema
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 brown onion, peeled and finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp taco seasoning
1 x tub Yumi’s Black beans with chilli & cilantro
8 x wholemeal Stand and Stuff Soft Tortillas
Chopped lettuce, tomato, jalapeno (optional) and coriander, to serve
AVOCADO AND LIME CREMA
1/3 cup coconut yoghurt
Juice of 1/2 lime
1 clove garlic, crushed
Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- To make the avocado and lime crema combine all ingredients in a bowl, use a form to mash until relatively smooth. Season and set aside.
- To make the tortilla filling, place TVP in a heatproof bowl and cover with 625ml boiling water. Set aside for 5 mins.
- Heat coconut oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute 3-4 mins until soft and golden. Add soaked TVP (with any excess liquid) and taco seasoning. Cook 4-5 mins, stirring regularly.
- Remove from heat, stir through Yumi’s Black beans with chilli & cilantro then divide the mixture between tortillas.
- Top with lettuce, tomato, jalapeno and coriander and a generous dollop of avocado crema to serve.