Yumi’s Sundried Tomato, Eggplant and Olive Jalapeno Poppers
Endless Possibilities with Yumi’s Sundried Tomato, Eggplant and Olive
Serves enough for 2 as a snack
250g cream cheese
100g Yumi’s Sundried Tomato, Eggplant and Olive Dip, plus extra to serve
50g grated tasty cheese
1 cup plain flour
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp sea salt
½ cup buttermilk
2 cups panko breadcrumbs
High smoke point oil, to fry
- Cut a lengthways slit in the chillies, use a small, sharp knife to carefully scrape out as many of the seeds as you can.
- In the bowl of a food processor combine cream cheese, Yumi’s Sundried Tomato, Eggplant and Olive Dip and tasty cheese. Process until smooth.
- Use a teaspoon to stuff the chillies with the cheese mixture (you may have some mixture left over, depending on the size of your chillies. Extra mixture is also tasty inside toasted sandwiches!).
- You will need medium large bowls. In one bowl combine the flour with paprika and salt, whisk well to combine.
- In another bowl combine buttermilk and egg. Whisk together then add 1 tbsp from the flour mixture and whisk to form a thick batter. Place the panko breadcrumbs into the third bowl.
- Dust each jalapeno in flour, dip in the batter to coat then roll in breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or deep saucepan to 180ºC. Fry the jalapenos in batches of 4-5, turning, until golden. Drain on paper towel then serve with an extra sprinkle of salt and dip.