Prep time: 10min
Cooking time: 3 hours and 15 mins
3kg Kent pumpkin
60ml olive oil
2 packets Yumi’s Classic Falafel
1 x 200g tub Yumi’s Traditional Middle Eastern Hommus
1 sprig rosemary, leaves picked, plus extra to decorate
50g dried cherries or cranberries
50g pine nuts, toasted
Pomegranate avrils, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200ºC fan.
- Cut a thin slice from the top of the pumpkin, cut out the stem and scoop out seeds and stringy bits inside (discard). Drizzle the pumpkin with olive oil, rubbing it all around the outside. Make three incisions through the foil and base of the pumpkin (this helps to let moisture inside the pumpkin drain away). Wrap pumpkin in baking paper then in two layers of foil, then place on a baking rack over a baking tray and roast for 2 hours and 30 mins.
- In a bowl roughly crumble the falafel. Mix with hommus, rosemary, cherries and pine nuts until combines.
- Once the pumpkin is ready, remove from oven and unwrap, discarding the paper and foil. Use paper towel to absorb any excess moisture inside the pumpkin. Press the falafel stuffing inside the pumpkin until full, then pile a bit more on top. Reduce oven to 180ºC fan and bake for a further 45 mins.
- Serve decorated with fresh rosemary and a generous scatter of pomegranate avrils.